We are seeking a Research Assistant to join our site in Anderson, SC!
Login or register
To search, save, and apply for jobs, whilst connecting with like minded, career driven people.
Search your perfect job
- Assists the Clinical Research Coordinators in their responsibilities by doing the following:
- Assists with the basic screening of patients for study enrollment;
- Assists with patient follow-up visits;
- Documents in source clinic charts;
- Assists the Clinical Research Coordinators with updating and maintaining logs and filing in charts;
- Schedules subjects for study visits and conducts appointment reminders;
- Organizes work area;
- Accurately processes and sends lab specimens per protocol specifications;
- Completes data entry into case report forms ensuring accuracy of data and reporting of adverse events to sponsor;
- Perform basic lab procedures, such as: blood specimen collection, centrifuge operation, storing and shipping of lab specimens, accountability of specimens and notification of courier for specimen pick-up; and
- May obtain vital signs and ECGs, then provide those to the Investigator for review.
- Utilizes universal precautions when in contact with possible contaminants, obtains and maintains certification for the handling of potential infectious fluids and maintains safety for self, patient and others around them;
- Adheres to GCP, ICH, HIPAA, FDA Regulations and SOPs;
- Ensures study related reports and patient results are reviewed by the Research Coordinator and/or investigator in a timely manner;
- Assists the CRC and/or Manager with study recruitment;
- Assists the CRC with patient enrollment and tracking;
- Performs necessary functions as approved by the Investigator and the Company after the completion of required training, for the conduct of clinical research;
- Maintains strict confidentiality of patients, employees, customers and company information at all times and adheres to HIPAA Guidelines; and
- May perform other duties not specifically listed in this job description as assigned by their immediate supervisor.
- Certified Medical Assistant or a Bachelor's degree. 1 or more years of clinical research experience may be substituted for education. Or an equivalent combination of education and experience, is required;
- Phlebotomy skills preferred;
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word) and Web applications;
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail and follow through;
- Ability to type proficiently (35+ wpm);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work well independently as well as with co-workers, peers, supervisors and external customers;
- Ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple tasks simultaneously with precision and adapt to changes in responsibilities and workloads;
- Must be professional, possess a high degree of urgency and self-motivation, and have a strong work ethic;
- Must possess a high degree of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality with patient, customer and company’s confidential information.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance offerings, life and disability insurance offerings, 401K, paid time off, and various other benefits and discount programs!
We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accelerated Enrollment Solutions (AES) is a business unit of PPD that offers both sponsors and contract research organizations best-in-class site and enrollment solutions, with tiered offerings combining the expertise, as needed, of industry leaders PPD, Synexus, Acurian and Optimal Research.
The array of AES services include strategic enrollment solutions that offer speed, certainty and commercial value to our clients. Acurian and Synexus have proven track records for enrolling patients and study conduct through proprietary, direct-to-patient recruitment methodologies and a global site network. When combined, these services provide a new standard of clinical trial productivity that delivers more patients from fewer sites in less time.